Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advanced Issue Search Default Options

Burak Özkanlı August 8, 2022

Hey, in my jira cloud, when ı use advanced ıssue search screen , the default filter works for just 30 days period. I wanna see the all ıssues in default advanced ıssue search screen. is it possible? BR

image.png

3 answers

3 accepted

Suggest an answer

6 votes
Answer accepted
Okan Erdogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 9, 2022

When you select the Advanced Issue Search, you will always see issues in the last 30 days as the default set by Atlassian as @Kalin U has mentioned above. 

The workaround would be creating a filter with the name you'd like to use (that would be All-time issues or something like that) to have a quick view of all issues without any restriction. So, you will pull all the issues when you click this filter as your custom filter. 

Hope this helps!

Kalin U
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 9, 2022

Yup, this sounds like a good idea :)

Like # people like this
4 votes
Answer accepted
Kalin U
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 9, 2022

@Burak Özkanlı , Atlassian introduced this "last 30 days" default search in late July 2022. You can read the whole announcement here: Atlassian Cloud changes Jul 18 to Jul 25, 2022 | Atlassian Cloud | Atlassian Documentation.

This is what they say:

To load search results faster, we’ll now display issues that were created in the last 30 days when you select Search in the navigation bar > Advanced issue search or Go to: All issues.

You can change the search criteria or use the Jira Query Language (JQL) to find issues that were created earlier.

Sadly, there is no option to revert this behaviour. I too find this half-baked.

1 vote
Answer accepted
Christian Gasper August 8, 2022

You can simply remove the restriction by clicking on the grey X in the Created Date filter.

Burak Özkanlı August 9, 2022

Hey @Christian Gasper , When ı do this i see all ıssues . There is no problem here for me. But ı wanna see all the ıssues without any filter. (When ı clıck the advanced issue search button)

Like lisa roers likes this
Thomas Gavin
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 9, 2022

Hi @Burak Özkanlı

Atlassian has per design chosen to show all issues created during the last 30 days (in any project AND your account is allowed to see) when you click the advanced issue search button

As @Christian Gasper says, you will need to click the X to remove this 30 day constraint to display ALL issues.

Hope this helps and hit the approve button if answer is accepted :-)

Agnija Mistre August 9, 2022

There is still 1000 issue limit and pagination with 50 issues in each page.

I cannot imagine what else "see all issues without any filter" could mean - if removing the date filter does not solve the problem.

Christian Gasper August 9, 2022

I just realized the 1000 issues limit. It also applies when trying to export to CSV or something else.

Not the best feature ...

Martin Fukatko August 9, 2022

Atlassian seems to be running into performance issues with JIRA Cloud. And they solve it with various user restrictions.

Haddon Fisher
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 9, 2022

Yeah, this is another one of those "we're making it better for us by making it worse for you" features.

Like # people like this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events