Revision control in Next Gen Projects?

Capps February 25, 2020

I had been tracking all outstanding items that we needed a client to attend to in Jira under and Epic called - "Client" Items - Followups

Somehow this Epic has been converted to a Story (no idea how or who did this)

So all subsequent tasks and subtasks under it have been removed from the Epic since it no longer exits

Which means I cant be 100% sure that I have all the items for the Client to followup with covered.

Is there any revision control in Jira Next Gen projects so I might save this or at least just be able to find all the associated tasks and mass edit them?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Andy - PTC Redundant
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 25, 2020

Greetings @Capps !
Next Gen can be a bit of a pain in the a**, especially if too many people have the rights to edit and update and you lose the overview due to their changes. Irritating 😦

HISTORY
Next-Gen has the same revision history control on Issues that Classic does.
Check that out HERE -> https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Issue-history-in-next-gen-projects/qaq-p/934692

BULK EDIT
With the right admin settings (that is not per project, but a bigger high level Bulk Changes setting in Jira) you can bulk edit any Issues to fall back under the original Epic.
You can find all the open/closed Issues using JQL (Jira Query Language)

SUPPORT
If you get super stuck, come back here to Community and check out related discussions on bulk changes or just raise a Support Ticket with Atlassian and ask them to take you through it via Screen-share (or better yet, just do it for you. #WorkSmartNotHard 😉)
https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/

Andy - PTC Redundant
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 25, 2020

PS: just incase you are not aware of it yet, here's the online Documentation for Next-Gen projects:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwarecloud/working-with-next-gen-software-projects-945104895.html

Capps February 25, 2020

Thanks @Andy - PTC Redundant 

I already found the changelog on the Epic and it was me who changed it, NFI how that happened 🤦‍♂️

That history plugin looks handy though so I can find them all, I will give that a spin.

Thanks 👍🏻

Like Andy - PTC Redundant likes this
Andy - PTC Redundant
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 25, 2020

Hahaha. I've had that LOADS of times. Don't worry. Happens to the best of us. 

Yes, Marketplace has an insane plethora of great Apps to plug-in into Atlassian products to enhance their power. Do check out Marketplace...!

Welcome and have a great day!

Capps February 26, 2020

#Update.

I just turned the story back into an Epic and it pulled all the tasks and subtasks back in line.

Easy fixed.

Like Andy - PTC Redundant likes this
Andy - PTC Redundant
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 27, 2020

Excellent! Nice self solve. Really pleased for 😁👍

Suggest an answer