Issue history in next-gen projects?

vegabeyond November 7, 2018

Hi, 

Is there any place I can see the history of each issues in next-gen projects? Just like when it is moved to which column.

What I can do currently is add a date data in the issue type and set a rule in the board to automatically update it when move to some column. The problem of this is I now have too many date data under the issue type, which makes it look heavy. And since I have several projects, no next-gen templates makes me to set the same rules for each of the project.

Thanks very much! :D

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Zoryana Bohutska _SaaSJet_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 23, 2019

Hi @vegabeyond,

I'd like to propose the solution - the add-on Issue History for Jira Cloud

It shows the history of all changes that had been made with specific issues.

Plug-in allows:
- Get the changes log ordered by the date.
- Use filters to select issues list.
- Set columns to show different fields on the report grid.
- Apply custom date range to filter results.

At the Atlassian Marketplace you can get more information about the add-on and try the trial version of it.

If you have any question, please contact me directly zoryana@saasjet.com.2019-03-26_21-39-10.png

Andy - PTC Redundant
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 25, 2020

I find this a really helpful answer @Zoryana Bohutska _SaaSJet_ , plus it helps promote the Marketplace, so consider your Answer accepted 🤩

Zoryana Bohutska _SaaSJet_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 26, 2020

Thank you @Andy - PTC Redundant 

I'm glad I was able to help.

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 7, 2018

Hello,

I attached a screenshot on how to see an issue history:

Screenshot 2018-11-08 at 08.30.12.pngIf you want to create a template for multiple next-gen projects, then you should use classic projects.

vegabeyond November 8, 2018

Thanks for the screenshot! It helps a lot :D 

For the template thing, currently we would still update for each one, since the classic one is too heavy for our team, compare to the work to setup issues and rules. And the UI of next-gen actually make people willing to use it haha

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 8, 2018

You are welcome!

Manrique Soto October 12, 2020

Hi Alexey, 

I don't see that option, should I enable something to be able to see the history of the ticket?

Emily Yost November 11, 2020

This video shows another way to find History: https://youtu.be/W8qVa41lNcI

Suggest an answer