RemoteIssueLink does not display on Issue in New View

Sam Peerless February 26, 2021

We are adding RemoteIssueLink back to our product when creating issues in JIRA.

However in the new view the issue links for remote issues do not appear, they do show in the issue history but not as a link. Attached is a screen shot of the linked issues that are entities with in JIRA and the comment in the history that should be linking back to the external issue.

I have checked the field config options and can find no other fields to add to the scheme for RemoteIssueLinks. Is there a bug here?

https://share.getcloudapp.com/7KupzpYN  

3 answers

1 vote
Steffen Opel _Utoolity_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 7, 2021

Hi @Sam Peerless

I think @Cory Gibson's helpful workaround (+1) is not required anymore since the rollout of the "New issue view: Links from third party apps" has been concluded (rollout started 2021-07-26), at least I'm able to submit remote issue links via the REST API again and they show up nicely grouped under the app's name:

CAC-1624296.png

Please note though that the API still doesn't seem to be covered completely, e.g. the link summary remains missing as of today:

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 26, 2021

Hello @Sam Peerless 

Welcome to the community.

Can you detail the steps you are going through to add the remote issue link?

Also, there is no screen image attached to the post.

Sam Peerless February 26, 2021

Hi 

Thanks for the quick response. Apologies the whole of my post text was the link some how! Now added below.

I've re-read and have realised I've left out key info (I wrote an initial post but then encountered and auth issue and lost the original and had to re-write), so sorry about that.

The issues are created from our product. We are pushing a resource our end to the the JIRA REST API. We know this works with the old view - the links appears correctly and are useable. It is only in the "New View" that the link is not visible, the only place it appears in in the History section.

An example of this would be - New View and Old view

I hope that makes my query/issue clearer.

Sam Peerless March 2, 2021

Hi @Trudy Claspill

Do you have any thoughts on this issue? 

Any suggestions are appreciated!

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 2, 2021

Sorry, no, I do not. We don't have anything with for which I can create RemoteIssueLink, so I cannot experiment to investigate the problem.

Have you tried opening a support case?

Sam Peerless March 2, 2021

No worries, I appreciate you trying. Sadly as I am on a free plan. This is my support case!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events