• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

RemoteIssueLink does not display on Issue in New View Edited

We are adding RemoteIssueLink back to our product when creating issues in JIRA.

However in the new view the issue links for remote issues do not appear, they do show in the issue history but not as a link. Attached is a screen shot of the linked issues that are entities with in JIRA and the comment in the history that should be linking back to the external issue.

I have checked the field config options and can find no other fields to add to the scheme for RemoteIssueLinks. Is there a bug here?

https://share.getcloudapp.com/7KupzpYN  

2 answers

Hello @Sam Peerless 

Welcome to the community.

Can you detail the steps you are going through to add the remote issue link?

Also, there is no screen image attached to the post.

Hi 

Thanks for the quick response. Apologies the whole of my post text was the link some how! Now added below.

I've re-read and have realised I've left out key info (I wrote an initial post but then encountered and auth issue and lost the original and had to re-write), so sorry about that.

The issues are created from our product. We are pushing a resource our end to the the JIRA REST API. We know this works with the old view - the links appears correctly and are useable. It is only in the "New View" that the link is not visible, the only place it appears in in the History section.

An example of this would be - New View and Old view

I hope that makes my query/issue clearer.

Hi @Trudy Claspill

Do you have any thoughts on this issue? 

Any suggestions are appreciated!

Sorry, no, I do not. We don't have anything with for which I can create RemoteIssueLink, so I cannot experiment to investigate the problem.

Have you tried opening a support case?

No worries, I appreciate you trying. Sadly as I am on a free plan. This is my support case!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Marketplace Apps & Integrations

Bitbucket Smart Commits vs. Genius Commits - What's the difference?

If you already heard about Smart Commits in Bitbucket, know that you just stumbled upon something even better (and smarter!): Genius Commits by Better DevOps Automation for Jira Data Center (+ Server...

114 views 0 2
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you