Preventing Transition IF time has been logged

Esteban Halabi May 1, 2023

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to prevent a specific transition from happing using a workflow condition.

The idea is that users shouldn't be able to use this transition if there has been time logged on the ticket.

I've tried the following combinations for the conditions but I can't get them to work

Field - time tracking

Condition -  <=

Value - 0

Comparison type -  String/Number

Field - time spent

Condition -  <=

Value - 0

Field - Log Work

Condition -  <=

Value - 0

None of these seem to work transition is NOT showing up for issues even if they do not have time logged.

Extra Note: I do not know if this has any impact but the instance is running with tempo for time tracking.

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 1, 2023

Hi @Esteban Halabi ,

use Time Spent and the “=“ function then leave the value blank 

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 1, 2023

The time spent field does not actually have a value of zero prior to any time logged, but rather, it is empty.

Like Kelly Arrey likes this
Esteban Halabi May 1, 2023

Oh gosh, thank you! so simple!

That did the trick! I totally missed that.

0 votes
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 1, 2023

@Esteban Halabi 

If you want to allow the transition to happen, then you must use >= 0 and not <= 0. Using the latter means that users will be able to use the transition if the time spent is less than or equal to zero. But you want the opposite.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events