Need help while importing the CSV file of issues in JIRA

Shriya Chhajed July 10, 2018

HI, 

I am facing the issue while i try to import the issues in JIRA. The Jira version is very old, but i would like to import the issues on similar version and then will try upgrading it. 

I am facing the issue something related to double quotes, which i am not able to recognize from where it should be removed/added/modified. 

Please find the attach screenshot for the same and help me with this. 

The source and destination Jira Version is 4.4.5Jira import issue of double quotes.pngThanks and Regards

Shriya Chhajed 

4 answers

0 votes
Fayaz Abdul October 18, 2019

Hi @Shriya Chhajed 

Check that line in CSV file or better to delete it if not required, save the CSV file and try to import.

This works for me.

Thanks

Fayaz

0 votes
Prashant Mali
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 10, 2018

Hi @Shriya Chhajed ,

The file imported needs to have a valid CSV file format. Refer to Valid csv import .

Thanks,

Prashant

Shriya Chhajed July 11, 2018

Hi Prashant,

The file has the valid csv format. 

Thanks and Regards

Shriya Chhajed

0 votes
Kirubel Tesfaye
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 10, 2018

Hi @Shriya Chhajed,

This is caused when some characters in your csv file may be used as a delimiter for the JIRA import tool. I will suggest opening this file in some text editor of your choice to find out which character is causing the issue and make the change accordingly.

hope this helps!

Hi Kirubel, 

Thanks for your response. 

Yeah, i tried doing the same but i am still facing the issue. I have replied the same here

Thanks and Regards

Shriya Chhajed

0 votes
Grigory Salnikov
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 10, 2018

Hi!

Please, check this article and the answer provided by @Jerome Chadee.

Hi Greg, 

Thank you for your response.

I read the article and have replied @Jerome Chadee on his answer. 

Thanks and Regards

Shriya Chhajed 

Suggest an answer