Cannot import CSV files

GilK
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 9, 2012

Hi,

We're going to purchase your product, so I'm now working on importing some issues into JIRA.

I've already done that few times ago.

Currently, when I try to import csv file (attached) via configuration template (attached), I get the following warning (see screenshot):

Failed to read CSV file, you may decide to ignore the error: java.io.IOException: Malformed CSV stream. Missing , near offset 212 after field 0 on line 2719

If I ignore the warning and try to import I get an exception.

Please help.

Thanks,

Janiv/

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jerome Chadee September 9, 2012

yes, I did Michael... The problem actaully had to do with my cvs file. The decription column in my clearquest database use quotes "" in some instances. A replace was done to fix this accordingly, and the import into JIRA worked perfectly. Some characters in your csv file may be used as a delimiter for the JIRA import tool. I will suggest opening this file in some text editor of your choice to find out which character is causing the issue and make the change accordingly.

Hope this helps.

Shriya Chhajed July 10, 2018

Hi, 

I am facing the same issue, but when i open the file in some text editor, i cannot find the missing or extra double quotes. And as a delimiter i have used comma(,) which is causing no trouble i guess. 

Can you help please?

Thanks and Regards

Shriya Chhajed

0 votes
Jerome Chadee April 12, 2012

I get the same error with a different offset and line number. Currently looking for a solution. Will update if I find anything.

BTW: for the QA folks, note the "ingore" spelling.

Michael I. May 29, 2012

Hi, Jerome.

Did you find a solution?

Suggest an answer