We are planning to upgrade our JIRA instance. Please find below details.
Current version - 8.0
Upgrade version - 8.5.1 or 8.5.4
Running on - Linux(CentOS)
Upgrade method chosen - Manual(Recommended for linux) with a fallback option
As we have selected Manual process we would like to know how we can do this. We are checking below document for this.
From the above document we found this
Extract the files
Extract the archive you've downloaded, and start the upgrade.
1. Extract (unzip) the files to a directory (this is your new installation directory, and must be different to your existing installation directory).
2. Point Jira to your existing Jira home directory.
Regarding above 2 points could you please answer below questions
1. We just have to extract the files to new installation directory ? no need to run any files after this(like steps performed in installer method) ?
2. What is the purpose of creating new installation directory ?
3. After creating new installation directory should we move all the files from old installation directory to new installation directory before extracting upgrade files ?
As we are doing POC upgrade, could you also provide any video sessions available on JIRA server upgrade.
Thank you in advance.
Please, just follow the instructions in the guide. They are clear and perform an upgrade. You'll mostly find videos are totally out of date and not particularly appropriate for your set up.
Thank you so much for your answers. These are very helpful.
Could you please confirm the below as well.
After extracting 8.5 tar file into new installation directory system will automatically recognizes as this is current installation directory ?
Thank you in advance.
When to use CSV importer When managing your processes in Jira, there are many occasions where you need to create a lot of tasks. Creating them one by one will cost you a lot of time and effort and i...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events