Hi everyone !
I'm trying to set a transition with automation rule, but it seems to never be triggered.
The rule contains 3 components :
When commit is created
if state is equal to "à dev"
then Make transition to the state "En cours de dev"
I proceeded as follows :
- I created an integration on my self-managed Gitlab with Jira using an api token made with my Athlassian account. => with that I could see my commits and MR when I commented them with my issue ID.
- I created an "application" Jira-integration on my gitlab user settings => this provided me the informations for the next step.
- I created a DVCS account on Jira with my self-managed Gitlab => My project is visible, synchronized and "Smart commits" are enabled.
- I created the automation rule described above => The automation rule is active, on my project, and using the "Automation for Jira" user.
Some additional informations :
- I can see the "Development" section in the side panel of my Jira issue
- In this same side panel when I click on "Rule executions" it says "No automations available."
- But then when I click on "Manage rules" it shows me my rule, activa
Are you including the Jira ticket number in your commit? The issue key lets Jira know which issue the commit belongs to.
We have a webinar avialable which goes into detail on how to connect Jira and GitLab leveraging automation https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYlXRl7vIsQ
Also a quick note, the side panel in the Jira Issue view only shows manual triggers (i.e. automations that aren't triggered off an event). Your automation won't show up here as the trigger runs off the commit created event.
Let me know how you go,
I saw the video, but my configuration is made with a self-managed Gitlab, so I can't use the Gitlab App on the Atlassian store. As I precised it above, I had to create the integrations myself.
But now that you know I use the Jira ticket number in my commits, and that I do see them on the comments, do you have any other ideas ?
Thanks in advance,
Hello Community! Quick disclaimer: We are running a contest on Community (The Atlympics!) from July 23rd - August 8th of 2021. If you are interested in participating in this contest (prizes! ...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events