Maping Issue layouts in Jira are not like in Jira Service Management?

Alexey
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 30, 2020

I created project in Jira Service management with all screens, custom fields and issue types. Each custom fields i've selected for this project can be either:

• Inside customer request form
  • Description field
  • Context Field
  • Context Field (hidden when empty)
  • Hidden completely

And all those settings for every issue type (new feature, change, bug, question etc) see a pic below as an example.

CrowdestorPay - Ticket types - Jira Service Manage.png

Now i'm trying to do the same in Jira Software in order to escalate data from tickets to my dev team. But in Jira its somehow completely different and i cant find a way how to split every issue type, connect to same custom field database and independently setup issue layout. Right now they all in one place... 

Screens, layouts, issue screens - all very confusing, on top of that Jira and JSD have different UI and naming.
Issue layout - Jira - Mozilla Firefox 2020-12-30 1.png

And issue layout screen now looks like this:
Issue layout - Jira - Mozilla Firefox 2020-12-30 1 (2).png

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alexey
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 30, 2020

Sorted on my own. First of all, if you want to edit layout for each issue type individually you need to make unique Issue Screen Scheme and view screen for each issue type. (you can copy/clone them, but names should be unique!)
In case someone will look for a solution or how you cant do that.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Create new View screen at https://crassula.atlassian.net/secure/admin/ViewFieldScreens.jspa (button in right top corner) You can copy existing one to save time on general fields).
  2. Edit fields if need too, can do that later.
  3. Add screen scheme https://crassula.atlassian.net/secure/admin/ViewFieldScreenSchemes.jspa (button in right top corner).
  4. Then go to your project's settings
  5. Left menu - Screens
  6. Actions (button in right top corner) and select "Edit screens"
  7. You will be redirected to new page for "Configure Issue Type" at https://crassula.atlassian.net/secure/admin/ConfigureIssueTypeScreenScheme.jspa?id=1
  8. Associate (button in right top corner) and from there you are able to select you 'Issue type' and 'Screen Scheme'
  9. Now, you are able to edit fields in project's settings - Issue Layout

Issue layout - Jira - Mozilla Firefox 2020-12-30 2.png

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 30, 2020

Sorry my answer was not helpful. 

Like Rosanna Renesto likes this
0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 30, 2020

Hi Alexey, indeed the layout/config between the two apps are different. I am guessing in time we will see them converge.

Alexey
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 30, 2020

@Jack Brickey How to achieve issue layouts similar to what i did in JSD?

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 30, 2020

You create different screen schemes and associate issuetypes to one scheme or another (relationship is N:1 issuetype:screen scheme).

Here is an example of where I have two screen schemes.

screenscheme.png

Now with this I can go to layouts and see this...

issuelayout.png

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events