[Jira Automation] Unknown fields set

Olive Sun July 13, 2021

I keep getting the following error while running JIRA Automation. The rule does run successfully while the error always displays and I'll get an email notification. Any way to fix?

"Unknown fields set during transition. Field may not be on transition screen. Fields ignored -Resolution (resolution)".

2 answers

1 vote
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 13, 2021

Thanks olive. Now could you test with one issue and do the same transition manually? What do you observe? Do you get a model screen asking for fields to be completed?

Olive Sun July 14, 2021

Hi Jack, 

I test one manually, I get the standard transition screen (with only the Comment field) and it's not required. I could process successfully without input anything.

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 13, 2021

Can you share your automation screenshot and audit log?

Olive Sun July 13, 2021

Log.png

bmccoy
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 13, 2021

Hi,

This looks like your transition issue Action probably has a line to set the Resolution field.   But the transition from Reviewed to Security Reviewed does not have a transition screen with this field on it.  (Maybe you copied this rule from a template?)

Monosnap 2021-07-14 16-17-37.png

Above is where you will find the field.  To remove it, unselect it from the drop-down.

Cheers,
Brydie

Olive Sun July 14, 2021

Choose fields to set....png

The resolution was not selected. That's why I really confused about the error message.

Suggest an answer