JIRA Automation: register work hours when the item is transitioned from status

Emerson August 25, 2022

Hi everyone!

I want JIRA to automatically record for me the amount of time it took an item to change from one status to another (example: card went into "Doing" at 1 pm and changed to "Done" at 1:45 pm, or i.e. JIRA would log 45 minutes of work). I have no idea how to start doing this. Help me, please!

1 answer

0 votes
Anthony Kozlov_SaaSJet_ August 25, 2022

Hello @Emerson 

I'm not sure whether it's possible to gain with automation..

If you're ok with third-party add-ons, I would recommend you to try some of them. 

Are you looking for the add-on too or just an automation solution?

Regards, Anton

Emerson August 25, 2022

Hi @Anthony Kozlov_SaaSJet_ 

I'm looking for automation. My team eventually forgets to record the working hours on items, so if I could get JIRA to do that for me, that would eliminate this problem.

The add-on we have here today is Timetracker, but it depends on people's manual action. If you know any that I can configure to be automatic, that would also help a lot.

Regards, Emerson

Anthony Kozlov_SaaSJet_ August 25, 2022

As an alternative, I can recommend you to try Time in Status for Jira Cloud. It tracks how long the issue has stayed in each status.

tis report.png

the Assignee time report shows how long it takes each of your team member to solve the issue. You can choose the data presentation in hours, minutes, hours and minutes or even decimal hours/minutes. 

assignee report.png

It also depends on people's manual action, but if your colleagues use Jira, they definitely moves the issue between statuses until it's completed. So you can track the issue completion process and time spent for it easily. 

This add-on is developed by my team. Please, let me know if you have any questions.

Hope you find it helpful

Regards, Anton

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events