JIRA Automation: Moving parent issue to "Done" when all child issues are "Done"

Karlo Meniano January 10, 2022

Hi,

I have this automation rule that is suppose to move the parent issue to done when all its child has been moved to done. 

Capture.JPG 

However, despite meeting the conditions, the action is not being performed. What am I doing wrong?

Capture.JPG

1 answer

1 vote
Tim Perrault
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 10, 2022

Under the For Parent part, you could try the action If Sub-tasks match: status = done and remove the action and linked issues matched condition.

Screenshot 2022-01-10 113402.png

Setting the condition to subtasks does not trigger the automation

Capture.JPG

Tim Perrault
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 10, 2022

I'm going to take a guess that the condition Status does not equal done might be getting in the way. What happens if you remove that condition?

Removing the status condition yields the same result 

Capture.JPG

Capture.JPG

Tim Perrault
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 10, 2022

We could add a condition to check if the issue type is a subtask before we move to the Parent branch. Although the rule I would think should just work.

Screenshot 2022-01-10 120831.png

Tim Perrault
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 10, 2022

Also check the rule actor and make sure they have the correct permissions.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events