Is there a way to disable pop up asking to close the parent when all sub-tasks are moved to Done?

Siree December 1, 2020

Is there a way to disable pop up asking to close the parent when all sub-tasks are moved to Done?

I have an automation to move the parent to QA when sub-tasks are done. However, when the last open sub-task is moved to Done, I get a popup asking if I want to update the parent to Done as well.

I would like to disable that so we don't accidentally close the parent without QA'ing.

2 answers

0 votes
shuguo qin
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 17, 2024

"Update Parent Issue" dialog is popped up by js code:

GH.Dialogs.CompleteParentDialog.showDialog

if jira server/data center runs behind a nginx reverse proxy, the js code can be modified using nginx sub_filter directive:

sub_filter 'GH.Dialogs.CompleteParentDialog.showDialog' 'return;GH.Dialogs.CompleteParentDialog.showDialog';

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 1, 2020

Hi Siree - Check the workflow for the transition to Done to see if it is calling a transition screen or has some conditions/validators set to fire. 

Siree December 11, 2020

It's not part of screen from the workflow transition.  It's a prompt popup and the 2 buttons were "Update" or "Cancel".

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 12, 2020

Can you provide some screenshots and step by step what you are doing?

Raul van der Raaf July 19, 2021

Hi,

We are also looking for a way to remove this pop-up.

Screen looks like this, with 2 status values that can be done:

-Canceled (Geannuleerd)

-Done (Gereed)

The popup happens when all subtasks of a main task are set to one of the statusses, what Jira should do then with the parent issue.

Note, we have already automated the parent status update, but we are still getting an unnecessary popup.

update-upper-issue-with-status.png

----

Edit note:

Looks not possible like in following duplicate thread, does have a feature request for it though.

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-questions/Suppress-quot-Update-Parent-Issue-quot-pop-up/qaq-p/1233591

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events