Suppress "Update Parent Issue" pop-up?

David Collins November 21, 2019

This question was asked here, (https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-questions/Suppress-quot-Update-Parent-Issue-quot-pop-up/qaq-p/427250) but as it was responded to in 2013 I thought there may now be a different (better :-)) answer!

When all the sub-tasks are moved to our Done (closed state) column, a pop up is presented that says:

"Update Parent Issue

All sub-tasks for parent issue XYZ-01 are now Closed.

Do you want to update this parent issue to match?"

I understand this is normally helpful, but not for us.

Is there any way to suppress it?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 22, 2019

Hello @David Collins

Thank you for reaching out.

Unfortunately, it's not currently possible to suppress the "Update Parent Issue" popup that appears when closing all the sub-tasks related to a common parent, however, we completely understand that this pop-up can be very inconvenient in some cases.

That being said, we created the following feature request with our development team to implement an option to suppress that pop-up:

Provide an option to suppress the "Update Parent Issue" popup 

Feel free to vote and watch the suggestion to increase its priority and also receive notifications about any updates.

Let me know if you have any questions.

0 votes
shuguo qin February 17, 2024

"Update Parent Issue" dialog is popped up by js code:

GH.Dialogs.CompleteParentDialog.showDialog

if jira server/data center runs behind a nginx reverse proxy, the js code can be modified using nginx sub_filter directive:

sub_filter 'GH.Dialogs.CompleteParentDialog.showDialog' 'return;GH.Dialogs.CompleteParentDialog.showDialog';

Suggest an answer