Is there a site specific automation template library?

Kyle Ouellette August 9, 2021

I know the automation template library was recently introduced but I was curious if there is a site-specific library available. I'd like to create automation templates for my organization that teams can add to their projects and customize based on the team. This is different from having a global automation rule because in this case, the rule customization is necessary for each team. 

Ideally, over time we would have a collection of organization-specific automation rules rather than each team having to implement the same rule structure.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 13, 2021

Hi @Kyle Ouellette 

First a disclosure that I am just another customer and have no detailed knowledge of the choices Atlassian may make.  Onward to your question:

Short answer: no.

Longer answer: 

If you follow this post, you will see ideas around expanding the automation template library to allow community submissions/downloads to customer projects.  There isn't any type of library yet at a customer instance level.  The closest thing would be to create a test project to develop/validate rules, and work with your admin on change management and copying rules to projects.  This is what we do in my organization.  If project teams could import rules that would probably help quite a bit more.

I like your idea of an organization collection of rules, perhaps executed at the project level as desired, rather than global.  Unfortunately it doesn't appear the license models support that now, as they seem to encourage upgrading to premium when a customer has a need for more global/multi-project rules.

Best regards,
Bill

Kyle Ouellette August 16, 2021

Hi @Bill Sheboy

Thanks for the reply and the links! For the time being it seems we will have to take a similar approach to how your organization operates and work with our admins to copy the rules to projects.

I'll keep my eyes peeled for any discussion of this as it is definitely would be a welcomed feature for us. 

Thanks,
Kyle

Like Bill Sheboy likes this
Brock Jolet August 30, 2022

Bill is always on top of things, but I also wish I could have a site-based template library similar to how I can create custom templates in Confluence.

Suggest an answer