Is it possible to use components lead in Automation for Jira?

Production Management March 17, 2021

Documentation claims that only issue.components.name is available and also lists interface could be used.

Is it possible to extract lead users from components?

My intention is to send a slack message to component lead when an issue is created with specific component defined.

3 answers

1 vote
Jan Schneider June 29, 2021

Hi @Production Management

you can also call the Jira API to get the component lead (documentation). I found this tutorial quite helpful to follow, which makes it quite easily.

I think you should get the component lead accountId then via the webhook response like this:

{{webhookResponse.body.lead.accountId}}

And you can upvote the feature request in the meanwhile: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-76851

Regards
Jan

1 vote
Earl McCutcheon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 18, 2021

Hello @Production Management ,

The Component lead as a smart value is still on the backlog and not yet implemented for Automation for Jira, however, there is a really good discussion on a workaround in the following thread noting a method to set a custom user picker field on an issue with the component lead, then referencing the custom field for follow up automation actions:

Regards,
Earl

0 votes
Allison March 15, 2023

Hi @Jan Schneider Thanks for your guidance on getting the component lead from the API. I'm hoping you could help me a bit more.

I know I can get the component information (name and ID) from: {baseurl}/rest/api/2/issue/{issuekey}

But, is there a way to get the component lead directly from the issuekey to use the webhook response you've shared?

My use case is to get an issue's components and add the component leads as watchers on the issue. Using the notification scheme to add component leads does not suffice as this is not queryable. 

Thanks in advance!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events