Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Inactive groups in users and roles tool in project

Does anyone know, what is this additional text Inactive? JS 8.6.0

2020-01-10_0824.png

3 answers

2 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Akmal Harith Atlassian Team Mar 05, 2020

Hi everyone, just to let you guys know that there is a bug which is affecting Jira Server 8.6.0 here:

This is not reproducible in Jira Server 8.6.1 though. Try to upgrade to any of our newer releases and see if the problem persists.

Best regards,
Akmal Harith | Atlassian Support 

0 votes
Answer accepted

Hello @krzysztofzarebski - depends on how your user management is configured. 

• If you instance is managed by Active Directory, The (inactive) must be changed in the Active Directory manager & re-sync AD with Jira.
  • If your instance is managed by Jira User Management, you can change the (inactive) from Admin > User Management > {Find Username} > Edit > Check the Active Box.

There is a similar thread here that may be useful: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/User-showing-as-Inactive/qaq-p/931877

Please let me know if this fixed your issue. 

Thomas

Hi Thomas,

Thank you for the answer. But it is still different case. We have manage users by AD, not the groups. We use LDAP Permissions: Read Only, with Local Groups. From other side, what's the impact by inactive users to a local groups. Becouse I have problem with inactive groups, not with inactive users.

Hi i have the same Issue. Groups are market as Inactive. All users in this groups are active (Jira user Directory)

Unbenannt.PNG

The Dashboards and KanbanBoard are not displayed.

Jira 8.6

Thx

For me, it looks like a bug :o

We see the same thing.  Jira 8.6.0, using Okta for identity, we're also seeing inactive for groups.  seems like a bug to me.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Software

How to create Jira issus from Excel file?

When to use CSV importer When managing your processes in Jira, there are many occasions where you need to create a lot of tasks. Creating them one by one will cost you a lot of time and effort and i...

4,376 views 22 32
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you