I have several favorite dashboards. They display on left side of home page. Is there a way to hide

JustDoWIT March 18, 2021

I want more real estate on my home dashboard.  My favorite dashboards take up about 1/5 of the left hand side of dashboard because it is a full column that lists all my favorite dashboards.  I dont want to see the list unless I go to Dashboards drop down.  Is there an option to not display all my favorites on every dashboard I am on?  we are not using Jira on the cloud.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alexander Pappert
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 20, 2021

can you try this one

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Dashboard-how-do-I-hide-the-dashboard-selector-on-the-left/qaq-p/372986

yes, it is possible to use another code without javascript (since javascript is no longer allowed in announcement banner due to security reasons) to hide dashboard selector panel from the dashboard (this panel is shown in case when user has more than one favourite dashboards)

I used following code (prefer this way over javascript) and it works for me in old (6.4.12) and new Jira (7.6, 7.11) versions, put it in announcement banner:
<style>
/* HIDE DASHBOARD LEFT PANEL WITH FAVOURITE DASHBOARD LINKS*/
#dashboard > .tabs.vertical {
  border-right: 0px !important;
}
#dashboard > .vertical.tabs {
    width: 0px !important;
}
#dashboard > .vertical.tabs + #dashboard-content {
    margin-left: 0px !important;
}
/* REMOVE BANNER TOP PADDING*/
#announcement-banner {
    padding: 0px !important;
}
</style>

JustDoWIT March 21, 2021

Do I have to be Jira admin to do this and does it change the dashboard setting for everyone or just for my dashboard? 

I don't know where/how to add the script to my Jira dashboard.  Would you please elaborate? TY

Like Benjamin Slade likes this
Alexander Pappert
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 21, 2021

you need to be admin

open the announcement banner

image.png

image.png

image.png

Benjamin Slade July 1, 2022

This is a pretty ugly workaround.  It would be better if there was a preferences option in JIRA for this.

JustDoWIT July 1, 2022

I agree, it was cumbersome to get admin to make the change and test it.  However this did work.  Thank you.

Like Alexander Pappert likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events