I have changed my domain so how can I integrate my new domain with retaining the existing data?

Jonan Dsouza June 2, 2021

I have changed my domain from .io to .com so I want the users to login with their new domain IDs (.com IDs) and the existing Jira Tickets and all data should be retained and accessible as it was before from their .io domain IDs.

Kindly assist on priority.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 2, 2021

This depends on how you are doing the user accounts.  Are they Atlassian Accounts, Google, or are they coming from another system via Atlassian Access?

Jonan Dsouza June 2, 2021

These are Atlassian accounts created using our .io domain. I need to know how can we change the domain to .com of all the accounts created by retaining the existing data? 

if say someone has abc.io and the company changed to abc.com (asking for a change in .io to .com is possible or not. Or the request change creates a seperate profile??

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 3, 2021

Ok, Atlassian accounts make it easy.  In your Jira, the user accounts are tied back to an Atlassian account by the account's id, it has nothing to do with emails or domains directly.

So, the simple thing to do - get everyone who has an account log into their Atlassian account they use to log into your Jira and get them to change the email addresses to the new domain.

Jonan Dsouza June 3, 2021

Thank you soo much. The above solution worked. I was able to change my ID and login with my new Email ID.

0 votes
asifabilgrami
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 2, 2021

I have same question. I hope someone can help

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events