• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How to link the "due date" field with the roadmap? (classic project)

We recently started to use the roadmap feature in our classic software projects and we want to use the "start date" and "due date" fields to set the timeframe for our epics. 

Problem is, the "due date" field is not linked to the displayed timeline on the roadmap. Changing the date in the field does nothing to the timeline and vice versa. The "start date" works fine. 

Now the question: is there a way to "relink" the timeline in the roadmap with the "due date" field? 

Jria.PNG

1 answer

Hi @Jannik Oberhagemann 

Are you using the basic roadmap or the advanced roadmap (the one purchased with Jira Premier license)?

Best regards,

Bill

@Bill Sheboy I'm running into this exact same problem. We would like to use "End Date" since that's what works well in our PortfolioPlanView. In a single board though we would like to see how that team's roadmap is going. I have found that the field used by the Roadmap in the Classic Jira Project board  is using a date field called `Due`. I can't find how to map that date to the `End Date` so that we can use the fields that are already being populated by the team for the PortfolioPlanView.

Ideally we'd like to use `End Date`, however, I'd be OK even if I could just get the `Due` date picker to show up on the Epic so we can set the Due Date without having to use the slider.

Screen Shot 2021-01-28 at 5.29.26 PM.png

I found the field that the roadmap uses. It's `Due date` with date lowercase. I was able to add that as a field that could be added to the Epic screen view so that we can at least set the due date for the roadmap. Unfortunate that we have to put the "end date" in twice

@Bill Sheboy we use the basic roadmap. As far as I know, this should not have an influence on the epic timeline in the roadmap, only on tasks in the epic. 

We tried using "end date" and "due date" non of them work. Our "start date" is tagged as "locked" in the field overview, neither end nor due date is. I think someone deleted them at some point and then they were recreated and these are not the original date picker or something like this. 

Hi there!  It appears this topic split into 2 questions.  ;^)

@Jannik Oberhagemann   The locked fields are the built-in or add-on fields essential for Jira to work.  If someone deleted Due Date and re-added it, I am unclear how you can fix that.  Please consider asking your site admin to contact support for their guidance:

https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/

@Ammon Lockwood   If you want to set your End Date and have it duplicate in Due Date (so the road map works), please consider adding an Automation Rule.  That rule could detect when the End Date changes and then copy it to Due Date.  Please see here for information about automation to get you started:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Automation-articles/Jira-Automation-all-the-resources-you-need-in-one-page/ba-p/1388465

https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/automation-template-library#/label/all/1453

Best regards,

Bill

@Bill Sheboy Thanks for the answer. All I know is that "start date" is still flagged as essential and "due date" is not. I am unclear on how that happened or if that causes the problem in roadmaps. I was hoping someone knew a way to "relink" the field with the roadmap timeline. I will contact support and see what they suggest. 

Like Bill Sheboy likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira

Announcing the waitlist for Jira Work Management

Hey there Cloud Community members! We’re excited to give you the first glimpse of the new home for business teams on Jira — Jira Work Management. Jira Work Management is the next generation of J...

159 views 3 7
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you