How to create an automation to hold issue when blocked?

Guido Ansede June 10, 2022

Hi everyone!

In my team we want to create an automation rule which stops the counter on the field "Original estimate" whenever the issue is tagged with, for example, a tag of "Blocked". 

When the issue is no longer with the "Blocked" tag, the counter of the field "Original estimate" goes back on counting the time.

Thanks in advance!

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 10, 2022

Hi @Guido Ansede,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

You cannot stop the Original Estimate from not being updated via automation. The countdown is based on logged work, and is controlled via the permission scheme who can log work. Automation cannot update the permission scheme based on the workflow. 

Guido Ansede June 10, 2022

Hi Mikael! 

Thanks for your quick response! Do you have any alternative idea or another point of view to guide me in this automation I want to do?

Basically, we want to start measuring the net time of work of an issue. If aperson who is working on that issue cannot continue with that issue for whatever reason, that person could put a tag of blocked and that "timer" pauses.

I don´t know if I´m making myself clear here or if my question even makes sense, I´m kind of lost.

Thanks in advance! 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events