How to configure a multiple levels approval service request flow

Mark November 19, 2018

We are considering use JIRA service desk for service request purpose.

Let's say a user require an additional monitor setup. It require the applicant's line manager, department head, and helpdesk manager approval. Once all 3 people approved, the request will be sent to IT helpdesk (who setup new monitor).

Hence, depends on who submit the request, the approves are not the same. Is it possible to configure above workflow?

1 answer

1 vote
Vinu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 19, 2018
Mark November 19, 2018

Thanks @Vinu after reading those threads I have some rough idea.

But I am not sure how can JIRA service desk get the "line manager" of applicant. Can we fill the "line manager" for each JIRA user and use in workflow? Also, our JIRA is integrated with Active Directory. "Manager" field is available for each AD user.  Can JIRA sync the manager field and use in workflow?

Vinu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 25, 2018

Hi @Mark

There are ways to fetch manager details. You will have to write some code to fetch those details from AD, else I think you will have to settle for some plugins that will do the job for you.

Here is a thread that I found in the community that might help you out.

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Get-manager-from-active-directory/qaq-p/382945

Suggest an answer