How to change field order in agent view?

Aaron Monilal December 21, 2020

Hi everyone,

I want to be able to change the order in which the fields show in the agent view.

I have gone to project settings -> request types -> then chosen the request and issue type I wanted to amend (it was request a change), but am unable to find a way to change the order of the fields in the agent view. 

I am able to do the portal view order, and want the agent view to match that so its uniform for both customers and agents.

Thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 21, 2020

Hi Aaron,

so if you go to Project settings > Request types and select a request you should be take to a screen where you can select agent view, request form or workflow statuses. The agent view allows you to modify the fields and order. Are you not seeing this?

Hi Jack,

Thanks for helping me on this!

So this is the page I get (I should have mentioned this earlier) but these fields I cannot rearrange. There are context fields below that I can rearrange, but it is these fields I want to reorder.

I am an admin, and my manager is the global admin (has the master Jira account) and we both are unable to move these around. Any tips on how I could rearrange these?

Thanks!agent.PNG

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 21, 2020

so there are fields that can be rearranged and those that cannot. You should be able to move those under Contexts that do not have a grey background. See example below. As you mouse over the fields you will receive a hand icon indicating ability to rearrange.

requestform.png

Like # people like this

I was on this page thinking that maybe this is configurable under another setting but unfortunately not. Thanks for the confirmation Jack!

Eric Barnes January 30, 2022

I have a number that are not grayed and yet, still does not give me a "hand" icon to be able to move them. I am wondering if there is a browser setting as I should be able to re-arrange these, but cannot. ANy other insights to this problem?

Suggest an answer