How do I get notifications when someone in my JIRA team comments on issues on my board?

Nikhil Thakkar February 6, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Getting Help and Support

I want to disable email notifications from JIRA. And I want notifications for activity of my team members, to be shown in the JIRA software account itself, instead of spamming my email inbox.

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 6, 2016

No, you don't really want it in your "JIRA Software account" - that's where you maintain licences and it's pretty much useless to anyone other than the admins (who, almost certainly, don't care one jot about 99.99% of the notifications)

If you want to reduce or even stop emails, do exactly what Viktor said - change the "notification scheme".  I'm not sure I'd recommend the second point about disabling email, as there are a lot of people out there who actually DO want to get emailed about changes to their issues.  But if you can establish that all of your users don't want email (and they don't want to be able to reset their passwords, and email based integrations are not needed), then turn it off.
For alternative notification methods, I think you need to explain what you want in more detail!

1 vote
viktorokolot
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 6, 2016

Hi @Nikhil Thakkar

you can configure Notification Scheme for your project

or even turn off all notifications for all users -  JIRA administration -> Mail -> Outgoing Mail -> Disable

for activity shown - use Dashboard gadget - Activity Stream

0 votes
Nikhil Thakkar February 16, 2016

Hi

Thanks for your reply.

I'm looking at a facebook type format, where I get notifications when I log-in.

Coz I don't really want to have my inbox cluttered with too many emails.

So could you let me know a way to do that?

Thanks!

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 16, 2016

That's not what you asked for originally. 

JIRA doesn't do login emails, you'd need to code for that.  I'm not sure how that would reduce clutter in your inbox either, as what you're asking for is more email.

Like Deleted user likes this
Nikhil Thakkar February 16, 2016

Sorry for the miscommunication.

Just to explain my point again, when I login to my JIRA account, I want to view notifications such as comments on issues on my board etc. similar to facebook, when I login to my facebook account, I get to see all my notifications.

I don't want these notifications coming to my email inbox.

Would that be possible in JIRA?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 16, 2016

I don't understand - I don't get notifications on facebook.

Suggest an answer