How can we parametrise the Creation date in the automated email (which shows 7 hour less)

Csaba Sarok June 9, 2021

Hi,

I work in France/Lyon (Central European Summer Time (CEST) = UTC+2).  When a new JIRA ticket is created, an automated email is sent to my Outlook mail box. In this mail the date +houre are correctly shown. (In the print screen : 28/05/2021 14:12 CEST)

But in the same, the Création field shows 7 hour less than the real time of the creation, in the print screen : 28/05/2021 7:12 AM. (I think this can be the time of California which is a default parameter somewhere in JIRA).

I added 2 print screens of my account-preferences & profile-and-visibility pages.

Can you help me where and how to change my parameters ? (Or can it be a bug ?)

JIRA_creation.pngJIRA_creation2.pngJIRA_Création.png

Thank you in advance,

Csaba SAROK

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Olga Videc
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 9, 2021

Hello @Csaba Sarok 

Have you checked your Admin -> System -> General Configuration -> Default user time zone

Because you can set your personal preference for time zone on your profile, but your instance doesn't have to be the same.

And when automation will fire it will use the default time zone.

Also if that doesn't help you can try the automation fix explained here

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/HELP-Time-zone-issue-Start-date-end-field-time-zone-doesn-t/qaq-p/1121403

Basicly just add this step on the end of your automation rule

Edit -> Time Stamp -> Smart value {{now}}

Screen Shot 2019-07-10 at 18.19.25.png

BR, Olga

Csaba Sarok June 10, 2021

Hello @Olga Videc 

Thank you for your answer!!!

My colleague has changed this parameter in JIRA, I am sure that this is the solution  for our problem. (I wait for the next ticket creation in JIRA to check the result).

Best regards, Csaba

Like Olga Videc likes this

Suggest an answer