How can I share a knowledge base to my users/clients?

adrian.mendez July 16, 2019

I have a knowledge base, however, I don´t know how to share it with my clients/users. Is there a link or an option to configure that?

1 answer

0 votes
Sid
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 16, 2019

hi @adrian.mendez ,

To share links to knowledge base articles with customers:

1. From your service desk project, select Knowledge base.

2. Select the required article.

3. In Share this article, click Copy article link.

4. Share the link with the customer. When customers click the link the article opens in the help center.

Copy article link highlighted on knowledge base article

adrian.mendez July 17, 2019

Ok ok, but, if I want to share the whole knowledge base? I want that my clients/users have access to all the articles, I would like to give them like a direct access link to the knowledge base, not only an article.

adrian.mendez July 18, 2019

@Sid I know you can "share it" from the Service Desk/Help Center, but we want to give a direct link to the knowledge base

Jono Spiro
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 18, 2019

+1 – we were expecting that Jira would recommend knowledge base articles while a user is opening a service desk ticket. But:

a) It doesn't do that, it only shows articles to agents

b) The articles for agents don't seem to use any field other than the summary for the basis of the recommendations–which is almost useless since many requests will have the same summary with different descriptions

How can we share the whole knowledge base from the service desk page?

Like adrian.mendez likes this

Suggest an answer