How can I ensure that fields in linked issues are pre-filled automatically in Jira?

Sunny Tremblay
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 28, 2024

Why does creating a linked issue in one of my Jira project boards automatically pre-fill and copy all issue fields, while this behaviour is not observed in my other boards? In the other boards, I have to manually rewrite all the information in the newly created linked issues. How can I enable this pre-fill feature across all my boards?Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 9.24.06 AM.pngScreenshot 2024-02-28 at 9.24.33 AM.png

1 answer

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 28, 2024

Hello @Sunny Tremblay 

Welcome to the Atlassian community.

Doing some experimenting in my own instance I see that:

When I start from an issue in a Service Management project and click the Create Linked Issue there, then I get the Create Linked Issue dialog with fields filled in.

When I start from an issue in a Software or Business/Work Management project and click the Create Linked Issue there, then I get the Create Issue dialog with no fields filled in.

Does that match your situation?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events