Delete filter with disabled user’s subscription? How to determine where filter is used?

mhulse April 16, 2019

Hello,

I would like to delete a filter from this page:

https://foo.atlassian.net/secure/ManageFilters.jspa

This filter contains a subscription that is owned by a user that is disabled. This subscription is setup to email a group.

Apparently, site admins (me and others at my company) are not able to remove this disabled user’s subscription.

As a workaround, I made a backup copy of the filter and now want to delete the original filter (thus removing the subscription).

When I go to delete the original filter, I get this:

Screen Shot 2019-04-16 at 10.55.45 AM.png

I'm pretty sure this filter is not associated with a board.

Questions:

• How can I determine where this filter is used (boards, confluence maybe, other)?
  • Is it safe for me to hit the delete button?

Thanks!

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 16, 2019

to the right under "Related Content" you will see a link to Remove-filters-subscription-of-a-non-existing-user. That will give you the answer which is basically - if you don't have access to the user you cannot. But consider reactivating the user and as an admin log in as that user and take care of business. then you can deactivate again.

mhulse April 16, 2019

Ah, that makes sense. I was considering that, but we were wanting to avoid re-activating the user. I suppose re-activating the user for a few minutes wouldn’t be too risky. We’ll give that a shot and report back our findings. Thanks!

1 vote
Nicolas Kauffmann April 16, 2019

I'm having the same issue as well. In my case the original creator of the filter is no longer at the company.

Suggest an answer