Remove filters' subscription of a non-existing user

Michal Epstein January 11, 2014

Hi,

we have JIRA v6.1.3.

We have a filter that is owned by someone who no longer works here and he has created a filter (which I want to keep) with subscription I would like to remove.

How can I do that?

Thanks,

Michal.

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Andy Nguyen
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 12, 2014

Hi,

If you don't have access to the original owner's account then I'm afraid that you won't be able to delete the subscription even if you change the ownership of the filter to yourself (requires Create Shared Objects global permission). This should be a bug in Jira as only the one who originally created the subscription can actually edit/delete it even after the ownership has been changed.

What you can do is:

• If you have Administrators permission, choose to delete the shared filter and then create the same one for your own management of subscriptions.
  • If you have access to the database, manipulate it to get the original owner's credentials (Retrieving the JIRA Administrator). Log in to Jira with these credentials and delete the subscription.

With regards to the bug, I can help to report it in our forum for improvement.

Cheers,

Andy

0 votes
vitaliy zapolskyy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 13, 2016

Do you have Script Runner installed? the you can switch to the filter owner https://jamieechlin.atlassian.net/wiki/display/CSR/Built-In+Scripts#Built-InScripts-SwitchtoAnotherUser
and manage that like original user

0 votes
Andy Nguyen
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 11, 2014

Hi Michal,

You can click Issues -> Manage Filters to open Manage Filters page:

Locate and click on the subscription you'd like to remove and choose to delete it on the following page.

Cheers,

Andy

Michal Epstein January 11, 2014

Hi Andy,

Problem is the filter is not mine.

And the person who owns the filter no longer works here.

So I do not have the delete option.

Michal.

Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 11, 2014

If you are administrator, you can change the ownership of the filter and then proceed as Andy described.

Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 11, 2014
Like Sinem KÖSEBAY likes this

Suggest an answer