Create issue template on company managed projects

Richard DeYoung September 1, 2022

Can I create a Issue / Template in a Company-Managed Project ? 

Goal is to create a ITSM Release Management template in Jira in a Company-managed project.     

I can create a Issue / Template in a Team Managed Project. 

Please advise

Thanks

Rich 

1 answer

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 1, 2022

Hi Richard - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Basically, you can create a Company-managed project in Jira and add all of the schemes, etc. that you need. Then you can create new projects based on the existing project you initially created. 

Can I create a Custom Template in a Company-managed project ?  

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 1, 2022

Only what I described above 

Please provide steps, I would like to try and add one.  Thank you 

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 1, 2022

Sure, take a look at this previous post that has the steps. When you get to the part about Use template, just click on that button/link. 

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/How-to-create-a-new-project-with-the-exact-same-schemes-as-an/qaq-p/1284358

Richard DeYoung September 2, 2022

This would only work if there was an existing project that had the Issue/Template already created. Then you could share the settings and select a existing project.

My goal is to create the 1st initial project with the Issue/Template, then share it with 3 other projects. I can do this in a Team-managed project, I would like to do it in a Company-managed project.

The link above does not help with the first project to create the template. How is that done ?

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 3, 2022

You simply create a Company-managed project, and it will create all of the schemes automatically. Then you update each scheme as you want it. Then that becomes your base project. It's really no different than creating a Team-managed project from a template - it is just that the template already has some workflow stuff identified. But chances are you wouldn't want to leave it like the original template anyway. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events