Concatenate Values of Customized Fields of Sub Task into Parent Tickets Customized Field

amar jeet singh sindal January 28, 2021

Hi,

I have one customized Field (Developed by) in SubTask , It is Selection List Type.

Now, I want that a text Field in Parent Tickets (Developers)  manage automatically by Concatenate the values of Its "Developd By" Field of its all SubTask Tickets.

For Example :-

SubTask 1  having DevelopBy = "Amar"

SubTask 2  having DevelopBy = "Vishal"

Then Its Parent Ticket's Custom Field "Developers" should have value  "Amar,Vishal"

Please guide me how to achieve this ...  

2 answers

0 votes
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 28, 2021

Hi @amar jeet singh sindal 

Yes, you can do this with automation rules in Jira.  To avoid collision problems building the string, you probably want to do this based upon a change to the sub-task.  And, handle the case of the person not already being in the list

For example:

• Trigger: field changes for DevelopBy
  • Condition: issue type is Sub-Task
  • Condition: DevelopBy is not empty
  • Branch: parent of the Sub-Task
    • Condition: parent issue's Developers does not contain {{triggerIssue.DevelopBy.displayName}}  (note if DevelopBy is a text field rather than a user field, you may remove the displayName part)
    • Action: edit the parent issue's Developers to add the person: 
{{issue.Developers}}, {{triggerIssue.DevelopBy.displayName}}

To learn more about automation rules, please review these references and examples:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Automation-articles/Jira-Automation-all-the-resources-you-need-in-one-page/ba-p/1388465

https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/automation-template-library#/label/all/1453

Best regards,
Bill

0 votes
KAGITHALA BABU ANVESH
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 28, 2021

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events