Can we always show the name of the workflow step when dragging issues between columns?

William Mueller February 21, 2023

I have complicated workflows given to Stories and Bugs but only a few columns on the Active board to show those in. I've set the steps into appropriate columns and when there are multiple steps in the same column, those names display. Unfortunately, when there is only one option in the workflow for that column, the name of the step doesn't show. This has lead to people moving items into the "Done" column which is the "Rejected" workflow step, not any of the completed options they would have gotten if they had moved the Issue along the workflow further. Had they been able to see the name of the step in that column, they wouldn't have mistakenly dragged it there. It is also causing other problems with our workflow for items that need to move back and forth between the "To Do" and "In Progress" columns as they are worked on by BAs, then Devs, and then QA. How can I configure Jira to always show the name of the workflow step in the column, even when there is only one option at the moment?

1 answer

0 votes
Jonas Bang Christensen February 6, 2024

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events