Can the linked JSD issue and Jira project issue be updated automatically from one to another?

teisyun July 14, 2020

Just learned that in JSD, the issue can't be assigned to a developer (non-agent) for them to work on the solution, therefore, we will have to created a separate issue in Jira Software project and link it back to the issue in JSD.

Question: Can the linked JSD issue and Jira issue be updated automatically from one to another?

Meaning, when the develop resolved the issue in Jira, and provided the solution, how the solution can be updated to the Jira Service Desk issue?

Any comment would help, thanks in advance.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 14, 2020

Hi @teisyun  - You can do that with Automation For Jira. There is a free version for Server called Automation For Jira Lite. 

teisyun July 14, 2020

@John Funk 

Thank you for your answer. I have used it for updating the ticket itself, never tried to update the linked ticket, I will check it out.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 15, 2020

Great! I hope it works well for you.  :-)

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events