Can't login to Jira (free version)

Anna Koseikina November 6, 2020

Hello, 

For some reason I can't login to my free Jira. I can login from mobile app, and everything worked fine last week. But from yesterday (or maybe earlier, I haven't checked since last Friday or Thursday) I cannot login. It continues to show me the error 

We couldn’t log you in

You may run into this issue when you use specific browsers or add-ons that hide the referer header for id.atlassian.com and other Atlassian sites. Check for these and then try logging in again.

And button 'Try login again' which results in the same error.  

Does anyone know what can be the issue and how to resolve it? Working from phone is not so nice. 

Same for our free Confluence. 

Thanks. 

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Anna Koseikina November 6, 2020

Update - I was able to login in incognito window. But this is strange behavior anyway. 

Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 7, 2020

That leads to the assumption that it is somehow related to the browser (Chrome/Firefox) as in Incognito mode the browser behaves (at least in many areas) differently to the normal mode.

If deleting Cookies and Cache (what is mostly the standard procedure) does not help you could consider digging deeper into what might be causing trouble in the browser, or, as a last resort, reset the browser. Normally, after that things go how they should :)

Like # people like this
Anna Koseikina November 9, 2020

Thank you, Daniel! This worked

lukaka
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 11, 2020

Hi! I'm facing the exact same issue. I'm using the Brave browser v1.16.72 (based on Chromium 86.0.4240.183). Last week I could log in; since yesterday I couldn't do it any longer.

I tried also in incognito/private view: can't do it.

Also, I deleted all the cache/cookies, etc: can't do it.

Funny thing is I can log in with Firefox 82.0.3.

I'm using Ubuntu 20.04.

Any hints?

Thanks!

Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 11, 2020

For brave browser the underlying cause is most times different.
Please try the steps mentioned in this howto in case they helped please leave an 'upvote' there for Ben.
In the linked page many more information can be found - please refer to them in case of further questions.

lukaka
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 11, 2020

Thanks! your suggestion did work! I've upvoted Ben.

Leigh Walzer
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
April 27, 2021

clearing all cookies worked for me

Like Adrian Bates likes this
Joshua Buck
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
July 29, 2021

Great! It helped me as well.
Funnily enough, I had to delete my cookies via the "All time" range.

Adrian Bates
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
August 5, 2021

Yup, clearing cookies worked for me too.

0 votes
Felipe Rodrigo P. P. de Lima August 6, 2021

Hello, good day.

I'm suffering from the same problem, when I try to log in I get the message: "We couldn’t log you in
You may run into this issue when you use specific browsers or add-ons that hide the referer header for id.atlassian.com and other Atlassian sites. Check for these and then try logging in again." Until yesterday I managed to log in and it was working normally, I didn't install anything new or change any Google Chrome settings. I've already cleared the cache and restarted the computer, this error only occurs on Google Chrome and I don't have any addons installed. On the Edge it's working perfectly. Is it having some kind of update or something?Loggin error Jira.png

Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 9, 2021

I am wondering if going "incognito" would change it for the better?
Clearing cache is a good one, from past experience, unfortunately, also clearing cookies seems to be necessary from time to time to get out a situation like this.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events