Can't import CSV file - user does not exist

Shelley.Loethen February 28, 2020

I'm a new Jira user and new to this type of software. However, I've successfully created a project board where issues populate from a CSV import and my team is using it.

I'm trying to import issues into another board with a set of users that is different from my working board. When validating the CSV file before importing, I'm getting a message that says the user in the field I'm mapping to the Jira Assignee field does not exist.  That user is me!  

I have checked every permission I can find, but can't figure out why this isn't working. Help!

Because this is a brand new world for me and I'm not a software developer, the most direct instructions you can give me to fix this will be greatly appreciated!error.png

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mike Reaves April 26, 2021
0 votes
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 28, 2020

Hi @Shelley.Loethen 

Welcome to the community!

This issue was apparently fixed in Sept 2019, and maybe it has re-appeared.  Please see this ticket for the workaround:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-72811

And, if you are still having the issue, please consider submitting a new defect to Atlassian.

Best regards,

Bill

Suggest an answer