Board view for non jira users

dennish_dcsorg_com May 10, 2021

We have a business project setup that I would like to provide information to non Jira users, where they could view it as a status for requests (read only, no ability to edit). They will be submitting requests via the issue collector. I was thinking of maybe linking the project to something like Trello so the clients would look at a Trello board for issue status and all they would see is the name of the issue and what status it is in. Is there a method that I could create an issue in Jira and it creates an issue in Trello, but all I want it to show is the issue name and its status. Ideally when the status is changed in Jira it would change the Trello status to match.

If anybody has a better method for accomplishing this I'm open to suggestions.

2 answers

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 10, 2021

Have you considered using a Service Management project for accepting input from external users? Service Management licenses are based on how many of your internal people need access to the data, while allowing you to have an unlimited number of external people capable of submitting issues.

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 10, 2021

Hi Dennish,

If you just give the users Browse Project permissions in the permission scheme for that project, then they will view only access to the board. 

Annette Pomponi May 10, 2021

Hello , does browse access still consume a named user license?

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 10, 2021

Yes

dennish_dcsorg_com May 10, 2021

Thats the issue. I don't want to pay for large amounts of user licenses for people that will just view a board. Most products have free read/view only licenses. This is a feature where Jira falls short.

Like # people like this
Annette Pomponi May 10, 2021

Thank you

Like John Funk likes this

Suggest an answer