Behaviour of custom field Group Picker (single group)

Martin Benavides November 4, 2021

Hi community,

I have tried to search any documentation regarding the behaviour of this custom field without any success.

I want to know how does this field behave in use. What difference make if this field is populated? 

Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks!

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 4, 2021

The Group Picker (single group) field allows you to select from the defined User Groups in your Jira instance. There is no default behavior for this field other than to present you with a list of User Groups defined in the Jira instance and allow you to select one.

Martin Benavides November 5, 2021

Thank you very much for your help @Trudy Claspill 

I´m guessing I could use this Group Picker field to relate it in a notification or permission... :)

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 5, 2021

In Jira Cloud (not sure about Jira Server), you can indeed do that.

Like Martin Benavides likes this
Oleksandr Pavlov September 23, 2022

Hi, @Trudy Claspill, do you have any documentation related to permission peculiarities regarding getting access to the list of user-groups that can be retrieved using the button near the field writing area .Screenshot 2022-09-23 at 17.15.47.png

After I poke on this button I'm getting Group Picker pop-up,

Screenshot 2022-09-23 at 17.17.32.png

But it is not clear enough for me, which users are able to see this pop-up and can get access to this. Do you have any documentation regarding this ?
I'm asking this because when I, for instance, will assign the user to the `jira-users` user group, such user won't be able to invoke the pop-up. 
Screenshot 2022-09-23 at 17.21.12.png
Thank you in advance!

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 23, 2022

Hello @Oleksandr Pavlov 

Welcome to the community.

I have not found documentation that is specific to that custom field type.

As per this document users must have the Browse Users global permission in order to see lists of users and groups in user/group picker fields.

Oleksandr Pavlov September 26, 2022

Hello @Trudy Claspill , thank you a lot for your time and support! Your reply resolved my questions and doubts)

0 votes
Sebastian Krzewiński
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 4, 2021
Martin Benavides November 5, 2021

Hi @Sebastian Krzewiński , thank you very much for your help.

I think I used the word Behaviour in the wrong way, I´m looking how the custom field Group Picker can be used.

Thanks!

Suggest an answer