Automation for Jira (Server)

dstic September 9, 2022

Hello,

I´d like to use the automation for jira server, but i can´t find the Jira server option avaliable on atlassian marketplace anymore. Can you help us?

2 answers

0 votes
Mark Segall
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 9, 2022

Hi @dstic - Jira Server is getting deprecated as Atlassian pushes everyone to Cloud or Data Center. As a result, server is quickly losing support.  You could try the Data Center version (in a dev environment of course), but I doubt it will work.  Ultimately, you need to get your server version transitioned to Data Center or migrate to the cloud.

dstic September 9, 2022

I tried the data center version, but the same with server version. it doesn´t works because there is no valid licence, 

Mark Segall
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 9, 2022

This is what I was afraid of.  You may be out of luck given the dying support for Jira Server.  You could try raising a ticket with Atlassian support.

0 votes
Rilwan Ahmed
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 9, 2022
dstic September 9, 2022

I was able to install the server version, but it doesn´t works because there is no valid licence, Where  can a I get one?

Rilwan Ahmed
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 11, 2022

Hi @dstic ,

You cannot but new license for server. If you had an existing license for Automation for Jira, you can renew your license until Feb 15, 2024. 

Please note:

Deprecation of Automation for Jira Server application in the marketplace

With the inclusion of Automation for Jira in Data Center, and the A4J DC app becoming zero-dollar we will be delisting Automation for the Jira Server app from the marketplace on June 30, 2022. We will continue to support customers with an active license and maintain the Automation for Jira Server app within the bounds of the Server EoL policy (Feb 15, 2024).

What does it mean for Server customers?

• After June 30th, 2022 you will not be able to purchase or request a quote for this app anymore. If you’d like to leverage Jira’s automation capabilities, we recommend migrating to either Cloud or Data Center.

• If you have an existing license of Automation for Jira Server you can continue to renew support and maintenance for these apps until the end of the support date.

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-articles/Automation-for-Jira-will-be-included-in-Jira-Data-Center/ba-p/1994163#M6423

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events