Autocomplete start and duedata issue based on sprint values

Joost Klykens January 10, 2022

Hello,

I've been  similar posts on autocompletion of start- and due-dates of issues based on the value of the start- and enddate of a sprint. However I keep having an error with the completion of the 'Start date' field (the end-date of the sprint is properly copied to the 'Due date' field of the issue). 

The automation rule is run and field 'Due date' of my issue is properly completed, however for the field 'Start date' I get the following error:

Found multiple fields with the same name and type: .

Start date (com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.customfieldtypes:datepicker)

I tried different variations ( {{sprint.startDate}}, {{issue.Sprint.startDate.jiradate}},  {{issue.Sprint.startDate}} ) on the start date smart value but always with the same error above. 

In attachment a screenshot of the exact error and one of the rules variations. Could anybody help me to identify the 'system name' of the start date field please?

Thank you very much in advance and best regards,

Joostrule code.JPGrule error.JPG

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Melo
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 11, 2022

Hi Joost,

I replicated this error by duplicating the field "Start date". I'm assuming this can be the problem since you're editing this field on the automation rule's action.

To check for duplicated custom fields and edit the name if that's the case, you can check the link below:
https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/edit-or-delete-a-custom-field/#Edit-a-custom-field

I would suggest asking your Jira Admin to double-check any duplication and fix it if necessary. Be careful not to delete the field.

Thanks,

Melo

Joost Klykens February 2, 2022

Hello Melo,

My sincere apologies for the late rely. I verified with the Jira configurator and indeed there're 2 start date fields. I now have to delete on w/o impacting the used screens. But your solution should be the correct one.

Thank you,

Joost

Like Melo likes this

Suggest an answer