Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Autocomplete start and duedata issue based on sprint values

Hello,

I've been  similar posts on autocompletion of start- and due-dates of issues based on the value of the start- and enddate of a sprint. However I keep having an error with the completion of the 'Start date' field (the end-date of the sprint is properly copied to the 'Due date' field of the issue). 

The automation rule is run and field 'Due date' of my issue is properly completed, however for the field 'Start date' I get the following error:

Found multiple fields with the same name and type: .

Start date (com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.customfieldtypes:datepicker)

I tried different variations ( {{sprint.startDate}}, {{issue.Sprint.startDate.jiradate}},  {{issue.Sprint.startDate}} ) on the start date smart value but always with the same error above. 

In attachment a screenshot of the exact error and one of the rules variations. Could anybody help me to identify the 'system name' of the start date field please?

Thank you very much in advance and best regards,

Joostrule code.JPGrule error.JPG

1 answer

0 votes
Melo Community Leader Jan 11, 2022

Hi Joost,

I replicated this error by duplicating the field "Start date". I'm assuming this can be the problem since you're editing this field on the automation rule's action.

To check for duplicated custom fields and edit the name if that's the case, you can check the link below:
https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/edit-or-delete-a-custom-field/#Edit-a-custom-field

I would suggest asking your Jira Admin to double-check any duplication and fix it if necessary. Be careful not to delete the field.

Thanks,

Melo

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira

Do you use Jira Cloud with Microsoft Teams?

Hi, Jira users! Do you use Jira alongside Microsoft Teams? We want to hear how you’ve used the power of Jira Cloud and Microsoft Teams (via the Jira Cloud for Microsoft Teams app) to achieve a team...

238 views 1 5
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you