Auto change sprint in Related tasks

James Evans May 11, 2021

Hello everyone. Recently, on my project, I ran into a problem that I needed to transfer a task and all related bugs to another sprint. It took me a lot of time and unfortunately this is not the only case. Is it possible to create some kind of connection in which changing the sprint in the main task will automatically replace the sprint in related tasks and bugs. Maybe there is a plugin that solves this problem?

1 answer

0 votes
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 11, 2021

Hi @James Evans  -- Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

You *could* use the built-in Automation for Jira (A4J) to write a rule, such that when a requested it migrates the child issues of a parent to a new sprint.  However...

I would hope such a rule is used quite infrequently.  Such a move would be large scope-change for a Sprint, indicating a symptom of something: planning issues, focus/delivery issues, forecasting issues, etc.  Once such a move happened, the team could pause to discuss "why" in a retrospective to consider improvement experiments for the future to prevent re-occurrence.

To learn more about automation rules, please look at these examples and documentation:

Best regards,

Bill

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events