Authentication Stopped Working

Elias Balasis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 4, 2020

Without warning my password stopped working for JIRA, Confluence and Bamboo but not Bitbucket.

All services are integrated with JIRA Crowd service.

I have no other user configured and I have no means to re-assign the password which means I am locked out.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Elias Balasis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 4, 2020
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 4, 2020

Ahh, well spotted!  I apologise for cross posting the debugging answer!

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 4, 2020

My little home Atlassian stack does this when I've been messing with the server crowd is on.  The other systems simply stop accepting a valid username/password pair.

The cause is that either I've blocked or lost the network between them and Crowd (they're mostly on different servers), I've stopped Crowd, or Crowd has lost its connection to the database (which is on another server again).

First, try logging into Crowd directly - if it serves up the login page,at least it is running, if you can log in, then you know it's connected to its database and serving up. 

My guess is that it has stopped or crashed for some reason - in that case, you'll need to read the crowd application logs to find out what has gone wrong, fix it, and restart Crowd.

Suggest an answer