Understanding issue types in jira

64 comments

Kevin Gillooly February 13, 2023

Is the use of Issue Type in Jira Cloud different that their us in DC or Server?

Rajesh Viswanathan April 20, 2023

Issue types distinguish different types of work in unique ways, and help you identify, categorize, and report on your team’s work across your Jira site. They can help your team build more structure into your working process. 

chloe Tonge
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 21, 2023

Hi @Christina Nelson really useful. The hierarchy of issues (diagram) in particular. Can you help me understand where an assets sits within the diagram. thanks

Rajesh Viswanathan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 20, 2023

wonderful article to start with Jira

Milos Ristic August 6, 2023

Really interesting. I like really to play the games with the computer. It's enormously fun. :)

Danine O_Donnell August 15, 2023

hey all - I found an article once on the meanings of the drop down icons...meaning of blue/red boxes etc/ Anyone here knows what I am referring to? 

Prerna Sony
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 23, 2023

Thanks! Informative and useful article !

Dyrell Charvin Kenn Canono
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 5, 2023

Very concise and easy to digest. Thanks a lot!

Michele Stein
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
January 11, 2024

Last company where I worked, our issues were grouped into 

--- Epics

--- --- Features

--- --- --- Stories

--- --- --- --- Tasks (equivalent to subtasks in article above)

With each line being a sub-category of the line above.  However I'm not seeing the option of a level between Stories and Epics in this current software.  Can the extra level be added somehow?

Like Rajesh Viswanathan likes this
Rajesh Viswanathan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 6, 2024

excellent 

Jinav Shah March 10, 2024

Also, in our organisation - we have created additional issue types for specific type of work. Like Task brief, documentation etc. 

While we want everything as user story - sometimes having this additional issue type helps us accomodate one thing in a sprint cycle.

Alban Çopja March 29, 2024

@Tasks@ACopja@Jira_Id.@atlassian.net

Shahjamal Bhai
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
March 29, 2024
  1. 23560
Ashish Agarwal
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 1, 2024

Good one to understand for a newbee. Easy to understand. Thanks

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events