Transitioning all Jira Cloud users to the new issue view

249 comments

Amanda Ward April 19, 2021

So far most of the keyboard shortcuts wont work in the new view or in list view and this makes things so much more slow when using Jira Cloud. Wondering now if i should have stayed on Server. 

Date selections get messed up in the new view if you want a 4 digit year. i have to switch back to the old view to change the date to 2021 versus 0021. so I had to go back to 2 digit years. 

Like Nicholas Starinsky likes this
Amanda Ward April 20, 2021

I also had to change transitions that loops back onto itself. I saw someone said they fixed that, but it doesn't work on my site yet and its super annoying. 

I also cant drag and drop things in filter query list either. Ugh. i need this to work more efficiently. without Keyboard shortcuts this is so clunky. and dont tell me you have to have them enabled. that setting is enabled, but i need the functionality to work like it does on Server. 

Markus Troeszter May 3, 2021

Well guys, you all are just one kind of thing:

A cash-cow

No one at Atlassian cares about your comments, ideas or requests, as long as you monthly pay their bills, why bothering....

Like Charlotte Webbe likes this
Rob Horan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 3, 2021

I'd love to know when this bug will be fixed for the new issue view:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-68381

Charlotte Webbe May 4, 2021

Hi, The new layout causes so many issues!

I will be moving away from this product now hopefully.

Like Dennis T likes this
Amanda Ward May 4, 2021

Found a new issue with the "new view" I cant drag and drop attachments into an issue anymore. I used to be able to just pull an email from outlook into the issue, but nope, cant do it in the new view. 

Andrey Legayev May 6, 2021

We did not sign up as your BETA testers.
Please roll us back to old Issue View. It worked just fine.

We can wait 3-6 months while you fix all bugs in new Issue View.

Like # people like this
Markus Troeszter May 6, 2021

Attachements just being displayed in 2 ways:
a) Slider with thumbnails
b) List without thumbnails
But why the hell do i have always to slide or click through pages? i want to see all the attachements and have a thumbnail. this is just timeconsuming!

Next issue is that i always have to click on this damn button to get a dropdown to change the status. it was way easier before as all buttons have been displayed.

The checklist is hidden behind a EXTA Button on the right side and i have to click on it to view it. When i move it to the right side i have to click "Add checklist" to have it below the description. Its not possible to have it always visible, i have always to click something, scroll something or unhide something.

Change Date: where is the "Today" Button?

Drag&Drop Attachements does not work in 90% of all draging cases. Sometimes i have to reload the page so it works.

Keyword "Reload", this is just biggest bullshit. Our dashboard and tickets reload in some kind of timeperiod. When i have selected page XY on dashboard or when i have typed in some text on a project site, the reload happens and all unsaved data or selected page is GONE.

Clicking on a Project (not Ticket) opens the wrong view, i always get the list with ALL tickets, including the ones who are allready closed. And then i have to open the navpanel left, choose "open Tickets". Again one click more.

Also this damn Navpanel on the left side does not work aways, it just shows some grey areas where the links/infos should been loadet, but it needs sometimes more then 5-10 Seconds, sometimes i also have to reload the page until the links get shown.

And there are more issues, i cannot name them all.

What the hell is wrong with you guys!
Jira should save us some work, not produce more.
The Design is not user friendly, really not!
Too much whitespace, too many clicks for same actions we just needed 1 click before.

At least let us choose if we want the old layout or the new one.
That would be user friendly.

Like Nicholas Starinsky likes this
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 6, 2021

@Amanda Ward - sorry to hear about your experience with attachments!

In Windows, I can drag something from my desktop into an issue view using Microsoft Edge (Chromium - so it should work in Chrome). The new issue view doesn't give you any indicator that this will work, however. 🤣 (I remember the old issue view has a section that highlights where you can drag the attachment into.) What OS and browser are you using?

Regarding dates, I'm using the default date/time settings in my Jira Cloud. The issue view shows the date as YYYY/MM/DD (which isn't my default - that's my own problem, I guess). I'm able to enter 2-digit and 4-digit years and have them work. What combination are you using that fails for you? Curious to learn more about your experience.

Amanda Ward May 6, 2021

@Dave Liao  -- So yeah tried the attachment in Chrome and it works now but it didn't before I swear. I'll keep an eye on that. As far as the date goes, its weird that date formats are not consistent throughout. i am using the default date settings, but I notice that if you go to Resolve an Issue and want to log time at that time it has a different time that is shown by default versus if you Time Tracking on the right side of the window. 

See in the screenshot what I mean?Jira_Cloud_6May (002).jpg

Svante Jacobsen May 7, 2021

@Amanda Ward , thanks for your comments! You write "This is great..." in your screen shot. I beg to differ - I do agree that date/time should be uniform throughout Jira (which it now definitely is not) but this particular field has split date and time into 2 fields which totally messes up editing and copy-pasting to and from other dialogs and systems.

Like Dave Liao likes this
Amanda Ward May 7, 2021

@Svante Jacobsen - I see what you mean, and agree it should be consistent. I was commenting that I liked the calculating based on the time spent entered. If you are copying and pasting something then the auto calculating shouldn't matter either as long as you can copy/paste still but the calculating piece is the nice to have when you have Jira as your single source of truth. I understand many times efficiency is not always on the minds of those people making the decisions and thus those downstream have to record things multiple places, but i strive to push my clients into a single source of truth mindset, even if that single source is multiple systems, no single system should contain the same information otherwise you are setting yourself up to have a disconnect somewhere. 

Dennis T May 13, 2021

@Dave Liao / @Matthew Canham, when will the final transitions to the new issue view take place? My company’s Jira Cloud instance still has the old view. I’ve been holding off on changes to the old view since I thought it would be gone by now. But if it’s gonna take much longer, I’d like to know because in that case I’ll go ahead with those changes.

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 14, 2021

@Dennis T - wish I could tell you, but I'm just a volunteer here. 

(If you're curious about the "Community Leader" badge/program, learn more here!)

Like Dennis T likes this
Loretta Brunette
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 18, 2021

Hi everyone,

My name is Loretta Brunette and I have recently joined Atlassian as a Product Manager working on the new issue view in Jira. Apologies we have been silent on this community post. I have published a new post here. I look forward to continuing any discussions about new issue view in the comments section of this updated post.

See you there!

Loretta

Like # people like this
christina brown May 20, 2021

Enhancement Request Please:

Can we get Jira Service Desk to recognize Teams setup in Jira Service Desk?

I have several teams of people that I wanted to have queues assigned to these teams but there is no recognizable field I could find for this.

I had to create a custom field for this.

I appreciate this in an upcoming release.

Thank you kindly!

Jim May 27, 2021

And now there is NO way to remove attachments from an issue any longer.

I used to revert to old view to fix this, but now it's not possible any more.

/Jim

Rob Horan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 27, 2021

@Jim- the trash icon on hover seems to work for me

trash example.png

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 27, 2021

@Jim - unrelated to the new issue view, hopefully your admin* didn't disable the ability to delete attachments on a project level 😊

* if the admin isn't you

Like Rob Horan likes this
Kristine Gerasimenko June 14, 2021

Hello everyone.

Could you please go ahead and vote for this ticket https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-76815 That suggests to show parent  issue summary in subtasks instead of just issue key.

Thank you

Jim June 15, 2021

@Dave Liao 
Thanks for your suggestion, but that icon was not availble at the time, but it is there now. Check!

But the feature to choose to add/insert any of the previously already attached images is gone.

It can only be done by the tedious methond of editing a prevous comment, selecting cahracters before the illustration and after it anc caopy, to paste it in with the surrounding charactesrs in you r new comment.
Not really as good as how it worked in previous Jira.

Svante Jacobsen June 24, 2021

Another issue/ticket to vote for: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-76894

It deals with problems of the less efficient New Issue View when it comes to too many clicks for actions that used to be simple keyboard commands (Dot menu) in general and also the hard to use Log Work dialog.

Andrey Legayev July 21, 2021

I've just found that PageUp/PageDown keys do not work in new issue view.

This is endless process of finding missing or broken functionality...

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events