Enhanced Jira board and backlog

463 comments

Aaron Marsh
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 21, 2023

Having this feature switched on vs having it switched off I have missing cards, with it off I see subtasks on my board, with it on those subtasks aren't visible. 

Raul Pelaez _TecnoFor - Marketplace Partner_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 22, 2023

Hello @Eoin the last time you modified the company-managed Kanban board you went back (rollback) several times, I'm referring to the famous "horizontal scrolling in Kanban boards" ticket. I'm afraid you're doing the same thing again. Wouldn't it be better to create another "New or Next-gen Boards" entity instead of touching something that has always worked well and is "core" to Jira?

Like # people like this
Mike Morper September 22, 2023

Why are subTasks suppressed from the Kanban with this new enhanced Board? That is massively disruptive to our team. 

Like Jean Gordon likes this
Lisa
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 25, 2023

Hi @Artem Shukman thanks for flagging - this has since been resolved. Could you please let me know if you're still experiencing the same problem on the new board?

Like Artem Shukman likes this
Lisa
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 25, 2023

Hi @Ícaro this has since been resolved. Could you please let me know if you're still experiencing the same issue? 

Like Ícaro likes this
Lisa
Atlassian Team
September 25, 2023

Hi @John Hood this has since been resolved. Could you please let me know if you're still experiencing the same issue? 

Lisa
Atlassian Team
September 25, 2023

Hi @Chris Rogers thank you for sharing. This has since been resolved, could you please let me know if you're still experiencing the same issue? 

Lisa
Atlassian Team
September 25, 2023

Hey @Aaron Marsh this has since been resolved. Could you please let me know if you're still experiencing the same issue? 

Like Aaron Marsh likes this
Lisa
Atlassian Team
September 25, 2023

Hi @Alejandro Suárez - TecnoFor that is correct, the new board and backlog would become the default view for company-managed projects. We've been progressively rolling out these changes over the past few months to gather as much feedback as possible to iterate and shape the experience.

Marianne Spiel
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 26, 2023

love the "more filters, ready to go"!
but I miss "Labels" (and versions) on the Kanban board - may be this can be added?!

Emanuele_Bedin
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
October 4, 2023

As @Mike Morper mentioned, we are experiencing the same issue with enhanced kanbans: sub-tasks are not displayed when mixed in a board with stories / other issue types.

I can see the visualization problem is still here, and we're all being switched to new mode on October 25th - we already opened a couple of feedbacks without response.

I'm kindly asking to @Lisa, are you planning to address the issue or do we need to change our Jira configuration as a workaround in the next few weeks? 

Like Jean Gordon likes this
Raul Pelaez _TecnoFor - Marketplace Partner_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 4, 2023

Why "force" the new mode? Atlassian consider to maintain the switch and we can select our preferred board "style" like now. I think is better than force the new buggy mode... :)

Like # people like this
Jean Gordon October 4, 2023

Will this then be FORCED on those who do NOT want it?

Asking as is the usual thing Atlassian does - assume ALL love it and will help the way they work.

NOT FOR US!!!!

Why not do bulk clone which in other tools and in normal life is something offered

@Lisa why are you forcing on us as does not work for our team 

typical we dont listen to anyone wh doe NOT agree with us narrative

Like Adam Chapman likes this

@Eoin nice writing but why do you assume one size fits all ?

Hardik T
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
October 4, 2023

@Eoin I can see that Task numbers got hidden with Enhancement mode on. How to get that resolved? Because task number is really important factor to look at.

Like # people like this

How do we disable this issue or in dev speak feature that has made our boards unusable

Adam Chapman October 4, 2023

Is there any way to keep each card the same size with this new "Enhanced" version? The janky sizes of each ticket is just borderline unreadable and really ruins the aesthetics. Currently dreading the 25th just because of this!

Like # people like this
Lee Richards
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
October 4, 2023

For the love of god, do not enforce these "enhancements". They cause constant crashes of my browser tab in the active sprint view (the latest one, trying to open the collapsed swimlane - after the 3rd attempt I went back again to non enhanced view). And that lag when scrolling -fine for small projects, terrible for larger projects with lots of active issues in the sprint.

Like # people like this
Richie Schuurman
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
October 5, 2023

Hi,

So far I have been loving the enhance options. But there are a couple of users that have been using the "Print Cards" option which isn't visible on a "Enhanced" board/backlog.

"In the enhanced board and backlog views, the ability to print issue cards is no longer available. Learn more about the changes to the board and backlog views"

Is this feature gonna comeback or will it disappear after the 25th of October when enhancements are gonna be pushed globally.

Marshall Evans
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
October 5, 2023

Is there any way to not have the Days In Column value on tickets impacted by this change?

This change causes the Days In Column to only amount to the number of days that the ticket has been in a column for it's current "stint" in that column. For example if a ticket gets put into a column, sits there for a day or two, moves to another column, then comes back to the first column the Days In Column value resets. 

Is there a way I can disable that behavior with is this change? I haven't seen a place to do it, and am hoping I've just missed it as this is an important value for us.

SG October 5, 2023

This will help us move back to Azure DevOps/TFS.  Keep rolling out "enhancements"!

Like # people like this
Lydia Kerr October 5, 2023

Question in the new format - how do you show the actual ticket number on the face of the card on your jira board?

Eoin
Atlassian Team
October 5, 2023

Hi @Summer_Hogan - we'll be rolling out this feature very soon - you should see it in the coming days! Let me know if still nothing by end of next week. Thanks!!

Like Summer.Hogan likes this
Eoin
Atlassian Team
October 5, 2023

Hi @Marianne Spiel - I'm hoping to get labels as a filter on the board. It currently only shows when you have Labels added as an additional field through the Card Layour board setting. It may take another few weeks but we'll see what we can do here. Version isn't something we're looking at as an out-of-the-box filter right now but it's something we do want to look at in the future as part of an iteration to filters more broadly. Thanks for your feedback.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events