Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trigger automation rule when SLA gets paused

Danilo Simic May 14, 2024

Hello everyone.

I was wondering if it is possible to somehow trigger an automation rule every time an SLA gets paused using some workaround because out of the box there is no such trigger.

Could maybe the "scheduled" trigger be used to do this? Set it to trigger every minute and try to find all tickets where an SLA is paused, would that possibly work?

Thank you!

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Kris Dewachter
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 14, 2024

Hi @Danilo Simic ,

It depends on what you want to do in the automation rule.

Like you suggested, you could find tickets that have their SLA paused by JQL command.

"Time to resolution" = paused()

If you use this in a scheduled automation rule, you could perform an action on these issues.

Best regards,

Kris

0 votes
Ajay _view26_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 14, 2024

@Danilo Simic ,

Since there is no Trigger associated for SLA Pause event, the best way would be use Atlassian Forge Platform to develop a custom scheduler to achieve your use-case since there are many possible scenarios which might cause SLAs to pause.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/understanding-why-an-sla-is-paused-in-a-jira-service-management-ticket-1271267987.html 

Cheers

Ajay

Danilo Simic May 14, 2024

Hello @Ajay _view26_  thank you for the suggestion.

I would like to avoid using Atlassian Forge, I do not want to put too much effort into this at the moment.

Like Ajay _view26_ likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events