Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restrict Comments for closed Tickets

Sebastian Braun April 14, 2022

Hi all,

I hope you can help me. I´m looking for an option to restrict new comments for closed tickets - but only for external users, means Customer Portal users.

I´ve already tested several possibilities according to this manual: https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/use-workflow-properties/

- jira.permission.comment.denied.sd.customer.portal.only (value empty)

- jira.permission.comment.sd.customer.portal.only.denied (value empty)

jira.permission.comment.denied (value "sd.customer.portal.only")

But unfortunately, the result is always the same: Wether it´s restricted for all users (external and internal) or it´s open for all users. 

Do somebody know the correct syntax?

Thanks in advance.

BR Sebastian

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Kishan Sharma
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 14, 2022

Hi @Sebastian Braun 

Similar question was answered by @Yanty Ghani [ServiceRocket] on this thread which might be useful in your case. 

Perhaps you can allow only users in certain project roles eg "Service Desk Team" to be able to add comment:

Property Key: jira.permission.comment.projectrole.1

Property Value: 10118 <change this to the ID of the project role that can add comment>

Sebastian Braun May 2, 2022

Hi Kishan,

thanks for the hint! Unfortunately it does not seem to work (or I made something wrong). By adding the property "jira.permission.comment.projectrole.1" with value "Service Desk Team" I get an internal server error.

Can you help here?

Thanks in advance.

Kishan Sharma
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 26, 2023

Hi Sebastian, have you setup the correct Property Value ?

For Property Value, you need to use the project role ID that you can get from https://<your_cloud_instance>.atlassian.net/secure/project/ViewProjectRoles.jspa. Just click on "View Usage", and get the project role ID from the URL, for example:

https://<your_cloud_instance>.atlassian.net/secure/project/ViewProjectRoleUsage.jspa?id=10118

Property Value: Project Role ID

For example, if the users that can add comments are in "Developers" project role, then use the project role ID for "Developers".

Sebastian Braun April 28, 2023

Hi Kishan,

I was able to solve it in the meanwhile by using this property:

jira.permission.comment.group

Here I´ve just added an internal user group from our company.

This is working perfectly.

Best regards

Sebastian

Kishan Sharma
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 28, 2023

Hi Sebastian, 

Glad you got it working and thank you for the update! 😊

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events