Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disable comments for closed tickets, but enable internal comments

Anna Wouters October 28, 2021

HI all,

I implemented something to disable commenting on closed tickets (I added property jira.permission.comment.user = False to the Closed status). This also means internal comments are disabled.

Is there a way to add another property to still enable this?

Thanks in advance :) 

1 answer

1 accepted

6 votes
Answer accepted
Yanty Ghani [ServiceRocket]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 28, 2021

Hi Anna,

Perhaps you can allow only users in certain project roles to be able to add comment:

Property Key: jira.permission.comment.projectrole.1

Property Value: 10118 <change this to the ID of the project role that can add comment>

Hope this helps.

Hi Yanty,

Thanks for the tip! I am playing around with this now, but did not manage to make it work yet. I will keep trying! 

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 28, 2021

Try by using "Service Desk Team" project role. This means that the agents can add comments in the ticket, but customers won't be able to.

Ahhh it worked now! I entered the project role ID incorrectly, but now I have it right and it works!

Thanks so much Yanty!! 

Rising Star
Rising Star
October 28, 2021

You're welcome. Glad it works :)

Jakub Szymanski December 19, 2022

@Yanty Ghani [ServiceRocket]  Hi Yanty, I need your small help, i have added this as:

Property Key: jira.permission.comment.projectrole.Service Desk Team

Property Value: 10118 <i have added project id for users that should have permission here)

But it is still blocking permission for everyone. Can you help me here? I'm not sure if i used property key correctly.

Rising Star
Rising Star
December 19, 2022

Hi @Jakub Szymanski ,

For this, you need to set Property Key exactly like this

Property Key: jira.permission.comment.projectrole.1

And for Property Value, you need to use the project role ID that you can get from https://<your_cloud_instance>.atlassian.net/secure/project/ViewProjectRoles.jspa. Just click on "View Usage", and get the project role ID from the URL, for example:

https://<your_cloud_instance>.atlassian.net/secure/project/ViewProjectRoleUsage.jspa?id=10118

Property Value: Project Role ID

For example, if the users that can add comments are in "Developers" project role, then use the project role ID for "Developers".

Hope that helps.

Like # people like this
Jakub Szymanski December 19, 2022

@Yanty Ghani [ServiceRocket] 

Many thanks, that was what i was looking for. You are the best!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events