cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre-Fill Assets field on Portal using URL

Paul Madison
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 6, 2023

We would like to be able to pre-fill an assets field on the portal along with another field to allow people to link to the portal and create a ticket with pre-filled options.

https://ourjira.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portal/2/group/6/create/30?summary=%22Backup%20Script%20Failure%22&customfield_12345=<what do I put here>

For customfield_12345, what do I put after it to get the field to populate?

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Kai Becker
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 6, 2023

Hi @Paul Madison ,

as far as I know, Assets fields are not supported. A workaround might be, setting another field (e.g. text) with a specific value. After the issue has been created, use an automation rule with object lookup, to populate the Asset field, based on the text value.

Paul Madison
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 7, 2023

Thanks for your reply.

After many attempts I was not able to get it to work, so I moved on to a different solution.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events