Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Listing multiple items on a request form

Asher Francis January 24, 2022

Hello

Just wondering if anyone has managed to ever do this before...

We're setting up a service desk for our customs department, and users entering details on the Portal form may need to list up to 14 products including product name, item code, origin, destination etc.

Is there anything in Jira that can allow customers to add items to a list, with multiple items in each entry into that list? Almost like an excel spreadsheet

Thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

6 votes
Answer accepted
Asher Francis January 24, 2022

FYI I have now answered this myself, as I came across the new Forms feature in Jira Service Management

This is a great new addition to JSM and I think it will come in very handy!

I was able to create a table with fillable fields on the customer portal, see below

image.png

Peter Preston
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 24, 2022

Excited to see this, @Asher Francis - thanks for sharing.

And glad you found the new forms features. If you don't mind sharing, are you open to sharing how came across the forms features? We'd love to make more people aware of it and it would be super helpful to learn how people are discovering it.

Thanks again :) 

Asher Francis January 25, 2022

Hi Peter!

I came across this question whilst browsing the Atlassian Community:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Service-Management/Widen-the-form-section/qaq-p/1919973

My question was answered by their question! I wasn't aware of the Forms feature until I saw this, with the ability to build tables. I then looked up the feature in the knowledgebase and followed the instructions/tutorials

Thanks

Asher

Danno
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 13, 2022

OK, so I just got done replying to a community thread about what things would you like to see in the Jira environment. What Are Your Top Wish List Items For Jira 

@Peter Preston, I'm fairly certain this feature doesn't exist yet in Jira Software although I have no idea why it couldn't be released for Jira ASAP.

I've never quite understood Atlassian's issue with providing the information in Jira Software that a system field exists for JSM only given the two apps have interoperability but only when you subscribe to both. Granted, it is certainly another way to force customers to buy more products. I find that very frustrating.

Peter Preston
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 13, 2022

Thanks for your comment @Danno 👋

Customers who had the ProForma Cloud Marketplace app installed in Jira Software prior to releasing the native form builder into JSM have the forms feature. If you'd like to add forms to Jira Software, I suggest you contact support to see if it's possible to turn them on for you. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events